505 Southwestern® New Mexico True Scholars is a new scholarship program designed to recognize passion and commitment to pursue higher education and make a positive impact on the agriculture industry in New Mexico. One recipient for the $5,000 scholarship will be selected annually and will be awarded in equal payments over 4 years of undergraduate study.
- Applicants must be graduating seniors of a New Mexico high school.
- Applicants must plan to attend an accredited college or university in New Mexico beginning fall 2021 and be enrolled full time.
- Applicants must have maintained a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in their first six semesters of high school.
- Applicants must have completed a FAFSA application for the upcoming college year.
- Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to making an impact in the agricultural industry and/or overall economy of food and agriculture of New Mexico.
- October 20, 2020: Scholarship open for applications
- April 1, 2021 11:59 PM: Applications DUE
- Late April 2021: Scholarship Recipient Announced
To apply for this scholarship, students are required to register on the New Mexico Foundation’s web portal as a scholarship applicant. Please select “Scholarship Applicant” under “Portal Access” on the registration form. Register here.
Once registered, students can login to begin the application. (Please note that students will have the option to save and come back to the application anytime. Access the login page here.
Complete the online application.
Attach your high school transcript through your junior year.
Attach a copy of your college acceptance letter.
Attach a copy of the FAFSA page that indicates what your Estimated Family Contribution would be.
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org